cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 USB Host HUB support with an MSC device

PCevo.1
Associate III

Here comes another query about the status of a HUB device for the USB Host library.

I have been working with the driver from here

https://github.com/moribr/STM32F4HUB/blob/master/Project/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/HUB/usbh_hub.c

and have the HUB functional but cannot seem to get the MSC initialized and working.

Why does STM not support a hub in their HOST Library? There certainly have been enough inquiries.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PCevo.1
Associate III

I still have access to the project in the original link.

Since this effort was for a boot loader and all that was needed was a partial implementation to init the hub USB port for an MSC device, got enough of this working for that use case.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

That project on github is removed (or made private). IIRC it was left in intermediate state. IMHO ST does not support hub because it complicates their existing library end examples too much. Introduces tree of devices (how about multiple levels of hubs?) at least. So they prefer not to interfere with business of other vendors who offer production grade USB libraries (who also are their valuable software partners in the STM32 ecosystem).

Unfortunately they put their stakes on a wrong horse with dreadful reputation (Microsoft, AzureRTOS....)

What are the production grade USB libraries for use in the bootloader?

Segger, for one. Their examples are with RTOS but IIRC their library can be used baremetal. Their support will gladly explain.

Also look at tinyusb  https://github.com/hathach/tinyusb 

PCevo.1
Associate III

I still have access to the project in the original link.

Since this effort was for a boot loader and all that was needed was a partial implementation to init the hub USB port for an MSC device, got enough of this working for that use case.