cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 digital signal processing?

MCrew.1
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I am using an STM32L4 MCU and I am trying to create a digital bandpass filter for the data being received on the ADC channel. Is there any standard library which would enable me to do this? If there is not, are there any resources (application notes, software etc.) that would aid me in doing this?

Any recommendations/suggestions/information would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @MCrew.1​ ,

The application note AN4841 is introduced as following:

• This application note describes the development of digital filters for analog signals, and the transformations between time and frequency domains. The examples discussed in this document include a low-pass and a high-pass FIR filter, as well as Fourier fast transforms with floating and fixed point at different frequencies. The associated firmware (X-CUBE-DSPDEMO), applicable to STM32F429xx and STM32F746xx MCUs, can be adapted to any STM32 microcontroller.

So I assume this answers your initial request if you adapt it to STM32L4. X-Cube-DSPDEMO can be downloaded from this page: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-dspdemo.html.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

These ship with the CubeL4 (CMSIS DSP libraries, not a Keil specific thing)

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.13.0\Drivers\CMSIS\DSP_Lib\Examples

https://www.keil.com/pack/doc/CMSIS/DSP/html/index.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you! Can you explain how I can use this? I am fairly new to STM32 firmware so any point in the right direction would be useful

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @MCrew.1​ ,

The application note AN4841 is introduced as following:

• This application note describes the development of digital filters for analog signals, and the transformations between time and frequency domains. The examples discussed in this document include a low-pass and a high-pass FIR filter, as well as Fourier fast transforms with floating and fixed point at different frequencies. The associated firmware (X-CUBE-DSPDEMO), applicable to STM32F429xx and STM32F746xx MCUs, can be adapted to any STM32 microcontroller.

So I assume this answers your initial request if you adapt it to STM32L4. X-Cube-DSPDEMO can be downloaded from this page: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-dspdemo.html.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I'm not an ADC/DSP guy, but I'm sure there's plenty of documentation for this if you look, it is not STM32 specific, and a library used broadly across ARM parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..