Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm2L010f4 have high consumption in stop mode

jdo
Associate II

17 REPLIES 17
jdo
Associate II

good morning, I am using a stm32l010f4, I am using with a battery cr2032 250mha 3v, I am testing to place the microcontroller in low power, I need it to be with 5 nA or approximate when I put it in "stop mode". I have problems because when I put it in stop mode and disable the systick, the cpu stops but still consumes 2.2 mA which is very high, I will discharge the battery. I can not place standby because I can only do wake up with external interruptions. But I want to do stop mode and also stop the ram, flash, pass the inputs as analog mode, stop everything possible to get to the lowest consumption. but I'm not getting examples, nor do I have the correct instructions. has anyone already worked with this type of microcontroller?

5nA is impossible i hope you mean 5uA. And how yout test this? You flash code from IDE with disabled debug in low power mode ? Good is after flash disconnect battery and all external sources.

– 0.23 µA Standby mode (2 wakeup pins) – 0.29 µA Stop mode (16 wakeup lines) – 0.54 µA Stop mode + RTC + 2-Kbyte RAM retention

jdo
Associate II

well 5nA is desirable, but I want to reach the lowest value, I am using 8mhz HSI, I read that if I use external crystal with lower frequency I can reach the lowest consumption value. I measure consumption with the multimeter and placing a 250mHA 3.3v battery, which is the one I need in the project. But I don't disable the debug mode, I write inside the while : HAL_SuspendTick();

HAL_PWR_EnterSTOPMode(PWR_LOWPOWERREGULATOR_ON, PWR_STOPENTRY_WFI);

Place led togle after

HAL_PWR_EnterSTOPMode(PWR_LOWPOWERREGULATOR_ON, PWR_STOPENTRY_WFI);

and before measure current disconnect and reconect power.

And minimum by pdf is 290nA FYI

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @jdo​,

Please check the parameters mentioned in the DS12323 and precisely in table 26 and in table 30.

Make sure that, if all free pins are set as analog.

For that I advise you to take a look at How to minimize the power consumption in low power mode: An example using NUCLEO-F401RE board article.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thanks! i can´t compiler the stm32l010f4 with "HAL_PWREx_EnableFlashPowerDown();" , do you know thats HAL macro equivalent?

jdo
Associate II

the true, i need 70 uA in stop mode or less, i am doing test but i have 2.2 mA

I no problem have under 5uA . Try show schematics , place some check code before start power STOP for example set pin to low and after to high. Check with scope if MCU stay in STOP...

jdo
Associate II

in stop mode? i have 7 input pull up, because i am using keypad, and 4 output. and one led.