cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM controller for camera interface and parallel display interface

rahulrs006
Associate

Hi

Can anybody guide me to choose right STM chip for camera interface and parallel display interface,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @rahulrs006, to the community!

There are many, many STM32 with a parallel camera interface. You can filter for this in the online overview (column Additional Interfaces) and then select the appropriate one.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I went through the link you suggested. However, I am bit confused to select right chip for my application.

I have to perform following activities:

1. Thermal Camera interface with VGA resolution

2. Parallel RGB interface with OLED

3. Basic image processing

Could you please suggest the right chip for my application.

Thanks

Rahul Singh

Well, there are still a number of STM32 that meet these requirements, e.g. the STM32U575 or STM32U599, available in different memory and package variants. With the STM32U575 you would have to connect the OLED via the FSMC, the STM32U599 contains a powerful LTDC. Both STM32 have a 160MHz Cortex-M33, which with its 240DMIPS can also do basic image processing.

Read through the data sheets and especially the reference manuals; the application notes on the product website are also helpful. You will also find hardware and software tools from both ST and third-party suppliers.

There is also a highly recommended online training course specifically for the STM32U5, which can help you with initial difficulties.

Good luck!

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.