cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST bootloader - pin states

kf_SEA
Associate II

Hi,

I'm currently gaining experience with the STM32G4, whose ROM bootloader supports various interfaces. AN2606 describes the configuration of the pins occupied by the interfaces.
Various pins are operated in push-pull mode, which can lead to undesirable effects in an external circuit.
My question is whether it is possible to deactivate unneeded interfaces in the bootloader, e.g. via option bytes, or whether this can only be achieved with a separate bootloader.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> My question is whether it is possible to deactivate unneeded interfaces in the bootloader, e.g. via option bytes, or whether this can only be achieved with a separate bootloader.

No, it is not possible to change the behavior of the bootloader in any way. You cannot disable interfaces selectively.

However, most pins are in input mode and it is only a problem if they are being toggled externally, which could be misinterpreted as activity on that bus.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexSmart
Senior

Sure, there is a special option bit for it called nSWBOOT0

AlexSmart_0-1710144916777.png

Hi @AlexSmart 

thanks, but the question not about the pins or option bytes to enter the bootloader but about the interfaces supported by the bootloader for communication (USART, SPI, IC2). For all of them the bootloader configures GPIOs (AN2606) which can conflict with the external circuit. I'm interested if some of these interfaces can be disabled for the bootloader.

kr

TDK
Guru

> My question is whether it is possible to deactivate unneeded interfaces in the bootloader, e.g. via option bytes, or whether this can only be achieved with a separate bootloader.

No, it is not possible to change the behavior of the bootloader in any way. You cannot disable interfaces selectively.

However, most pins are in input mode and it is only a problem if they are being toggled externally, which could be misinterpreted as activity on that bus.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".