cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should code that runs on F303re Nucleo run on F303ze nucleo? Virtual Comm port issues

DPeki.1
Associate II

Hello. I have a project that runs fine on F303RE Nucleo board. I loaded it on the F303ZE Nucleo board and I get no banner displayed on the Virtual Comm port. The device manager sees the port fine.

Are there any solder bridges or jumpers needed on the ZE board to enable the VCP?

Thanks,

• Dave
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You should also note that both NUCLEO use different target packages:

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @DPeki.1​,

Try to connect using STM32Cubeprogrammer.

You can check the solder bridges and jumpers needed on the nucleo-F303ZE board in the UM1974.

Thank you for your contribution.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You should also note that both NUCLEO use different target packages:

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DPeki.1
Associate II

Thank you. That explains it. I was naive to think it was just pin configurations differences between the two boards F303RE and F303ZE.

• Dave