cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the F407 FSMC WaitSignalPolarity default value

Toneski
Associate II

Hi All,

I have a 407 connected to an FPGA using the FSMC interface.

When I compile my device configuration from ST Cube, the WaitSignalPolarity value in the MX_FSMC_Init routine is always set to: FSMC_WAIT_SIGNAL_POLARITY_LOW. On my system I need this setting to be FSMC_WAIT_SIGNAL_POLARITY_HIGH, but cannot find a way of setting this value through CubeMX.

Has anyone else found this issue or know how to fix it? Its getting a real pain having to manually update the source code before recompiling.

Kind Regards,

Tony

12 REPLIES 12

Further info - I reconfigure the FSMC_BTR1 reg soon after the FSMC is setup. Do you think I should re-configure the Wait signal polarity here too?

// Correct configuration for FSMC BTR1 register.. (Appologies for the incorrect tabulation - your website screws it all up...

FSMC_BTR1 = (0 << 24) | // DATLAT

(5 << 20) | // CLKDIV - 1 doesn't work on the prototype, 5 defo works, but is slow - need to PCB this

// Gives 168Mhz/(5+1) for io clock :- 28Mhz, so 4 clocks for 16 bit word

// 5 clocks for 32 bit!!

// 7 MegAccesses for 16 bit = 14MB/s, 8.4MegAccesses for 32 bit = 22.4MB/s

(0 << 16) | // BUSTURN

(2 << 8 ) | // DATAST - No care for synchronous accesses

(15 << 4 ) | // ADDHLD - No care for synchronous

(15 << 0 ); // ADDSET - No care for PSRAM accesses

Regards,

Toneski

FBL
ST Employee

An internal ticket 167494 has been submitted to update the SVD file to include all BCR bit fields in STM32F4 SVD file and update FMC BCR register.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Toneski
Associate II

Hi @FBL,

Thats great news. Is there anyway that I can access the internal ticket, so that I may watch its progress?

Also, do you know when this might be fixed? The next release maybe?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Toneski