cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Achieving Ethernet Ping: Ubuntu 20.04 to Nucleo-H743ZI2

akshaykhonde
Associate II

Assistance Needed: Troubleshooting Ethernet Communication Issue between Ubuntu 20.04 and Nucleo-H743ZI2

Dear Community Members,

I am seeking assistance in troubleshooting an Ethernet communication issue between my laptop running Ubuntu 20.04 and the Nucleo-H743ZI2 board. As per the setup, the laptop functions as the client while the Nucleo board acts as the server.

Despite diligently following the guide provided : https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-create-project-for-stm32h7-with-ethernet-and-lwip-stack/ta-p/49308 , I have encountered difficulties in successfully completing a ping test between the devices. I have attached relevant configurations for your reference.

@Adam BERLINGER I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions to resolve this issue promptly?

1.png 2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png10.png

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Do you have other ethernet projects working on this board, to make sure that the hardware is good?

If not, then while waiting for more useful responses, try to build and run one of ready examples in the Cube package or from github. Do not change anything until some of these ready projects works as is.

Dear @Pavel A.,

Thank you for your inquiry. I would like to confirm that the Nucleo-H743ZI2 development board currently lacks Ethernet communication functionality. However, I am exploring the possibility of utilizing similar configurations for the STM32-H743VIT6 board.

Could you please provide guidance on whether it is feasible to employ the same configurations for the STM32-H743VIT6 board? Additionally, I am seeking a comprehensive guide to enable Ethernet communication on this board.

The primary objective is to establish connectivity between the STM32 board and a Linux machine via a LAN cable. Specifically, I aim to achieve the following:

1. Enable ping communication between the STM32 board and the Linux machine over the LAN cable.
  2. Configure the Linux machine as a client to transmit data to the STM32 board, which will function as a server, over the LAN cable.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Akshay

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Could you please provide guidance on whether it is feasible to employ the same configurations for the STM32-H743VIT6 board?

Is it a custom board, with custom PHY?

Of course, there are lots of projects with STM32H743 and Ethernet. This is the standard ethernet able to talk with Linux and everything else. But it needs a PHY. Without knowing details of your PHY, cannot help more.

yes, Its a custom board. There is an external PHY onboard, LAN8742.

Akshay

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I would like to confirm that the Nucleo-H743ZI2 development board currently lacks Ethernet communication functionality.

Does this mean that you've tried to run some of the ready projects for this Nucleo, from the ST CubeH7 package examples or from here but neither of them works? If the board is not damaged, then please report a bug (mention which project have you tried).