cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDIO support for STM32H7

PickaxeHit
Visitor

Hi, ST.

I want to know if the stm32h7(h750vb) series supports sdio? The spec sheet only describes the SDMMC peripheral (memory card etc.), but I want to use SDIO in my project to connect with esp32 to use WIFI (using esp-hosted library). I want to know if there is a way to achieve it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @PickaxeHit 

As it is stated on the same paragraph, 

Both interfaces support the SD memory card specifications version 4.1. and the SDIO card specification version 4.0. so, it should support it as a SDIO bus normally if this is what the specifications state.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @PickaxeHit and welcome to the ST Community .

As you said the STM32H750VB integrate only 2 SDMMC interfaces. But if we go to the paragraph 3.39 of the DS12556, we can fin that the SDMMC support MMC,SD and SDIO card.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the explanation. That is it is possible to use the SDMMC peripheral to operate the SDIO bus normally and not just treat it as a storage device?

Hello @PickaxeHit 

As it is stated on the same paragraph, 

Both interfaces support the SD memory card specifications version 4.1. and the SDIO card specification version 4.0. so, it should support it as a SDIO bus normally if this is what the specifications state.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32