cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save image (1280*960) to external SRAM via DCMI

dorawa
Associate II

hi

I am currently working on a project that utilizes the STM32H753 to acquire images through an image sensor called AR1034.

However, the size of the image I am acquiring is 1280*960. Due to the large size, it is not possible to store it inside the MCU, so I want to add an external PSRAM and store it in that memory.

I have completed the basic functional test of the basic image acquisition method and memory storage through DCMI, but when I put these parts together, it does not work properly when I try to save the full size of the image I want to acquire.

When I researched the data, I found that the size that can be acquired at a time in DCMI is set to 65535, so the image must be divided into data, and it is said that SRAM storage is not possible at the same time, so Double Buffer must be utilized...

However, I couldn't find the exact method even after searching, so I'm asking a question. If you have an example or method for this method, please answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @dorawa ,

The example shared in Section 8 in AN5020 is based on HAL libraries. So, you can get inspired from this example to configure your project.

Also, you can find many examples based on HAL in the STM32Cubepackage such as the DCMI_CaptureMode.

Note that ,for the DCMI_CaptureMode example, the camera module is initially configured to generate QQVGA (160x120) image resolution. And when you press Wakeup button you switch to other resolutions: 320x240, 480x272 and 640x480.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @dorawa and welcome to the community 🙂,

An DMA configuration example for higher resolution is available in AN5020

This example is developed and described in Section 8.3.6 Resolution capture (YCbCr data format). 

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I've seen the AN5020 documentation, but I don't really understand that part of it since I'm using the HAL libraries. Do you have any other advice?

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @dorawa ,

The example shared in Section 8 in AN5020 is based on HAL libraries. So, you can get inspired from this example to configure your project.

Also, you can find many examples based on HAL in the STM32Cubepackage such as the DCMI_CaptureMode.

Note that ,for the DCMI_CaptureMode example, the camera module is initially configured to generate QQVGA (160x120) image resolution. And when you press Wakeup button you switch to other resolutions: 320x240, 480x272 and 640x480.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing "Accept as Solution". This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar