cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample project using STM32H743 and ISSI IS25LP256D (QSPI chip)

Bob Shankle
Associate III

Hi Folks,

I'm working with a custom board using STM32H743 and wanting to work with a ISSI IS256P256D QSPI chip.

I tried using STMCubeMX to create a sample project. when I start the project using the "Start my project from MCU" it creates files but the example looks incomplete. Basically just some initialization but nothing to read/write/erase the QSPI.

I then tried creating a project using one of the development boards as a reference and moving the code over to the project mentioned above. But looking at the signals to the QSPI on a scope I just see autopolling requesting status and none of the callbacks being triggered.

Is there additional information somewhere? I have RM0433 (Reference manual for STM32H743) and the Data Sheet for the ISSI chip.

thanks for any suggestions, especially any examples.

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob Shankle
Associate III

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking my solution is to study stm32h7xx_hal_qspi.c/.h a little closer and I'll figure it out.

(Always open to examples if someone has already used this ISSI chip.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't spend time with CubeMX, but some of the existing QSPI BSP implementation should be pretty close to what you need. I think ST's selection of auto-gen boiler-plate code is pretty limited, might configure the pins and clocks for you, but not much else.

Also not sure callbacks help a lot, in most instances you're looking to get everything configured so the memory-mapped reads work, and at that point you're operating in real-time at bus speeds.

Data Sheets and Reference Manual should be sufficient. HAL level examples for other QSPI devices are relatively prolific, and portable across STM32 families. The OCTOSPI ones add a level of complexity, but that shouldn't be an issue for H743.

I tend to prototype using the SOICW-16 parts as they are the most universal foot-print and easy to fixture.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Bob Shankle
Associate III

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking my solution is to study stm32h7xx_hal_qspi.c/.h a little closer and I'll figure it out.

(Always open to examples if someone has already used this ISSI chip.)