cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace stm32f427vit6 with stm32f427zit6

DSmit.111
Associate II

Hi

can i, if i change the lay-out of my board, replace the original stm32f427VIT6 with a ZIT6 without changing the code?

Could get my hands on some ZIT6 instead of the almost unobtainable vit6 for free, but want to know if its possible without changing the software

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Yes, the code will work without modification assuming your footprint is changed appropriately.

> They are compatible in pinout and no change is needed.

Not sure I'd call LQFP100 and LQFP144 compatible in pinout.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DSmit.11​ ,

They are compatible in pinout and no change is needed in software.

You can use "Cross Selector" feature with STM32CubeMx tool to compare the characteristics (please see attached file comparing STM32F427VITx with STM32F427ZITx).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
TDK
Guru

Yes, the code will work without modification assuming your footprint is changed appropriately.

> They are compatible in pinout and no change is needed.

Not sure I'd call LQFP100 and LQFP144 compatible in pinout.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

@TDK​ yes not fully compatible ;) I mean no position change from STM32F427VITx to F427ZITx.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi imen,

I know that the zit6 had 44 PINS extra, therefore i need to change the PCB, but iwant to​ know if i can Just upload the code and it works if i connect alle in and outputs to the coresponding pins