cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register bits missing in STM32CubeProgrammer

pkoevesdi
Senior

I stumbled across this problem:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/unable-to-read-reset-values-of-the-stm32h730vb-octospim/m-p/212094

In the current rev 3 of RM0468 https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/rm0468-stm32h723733-stm32h725735-and-stm32h730-value-line-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf I see this register bit:

pkoevesdi_2-1715444936114.png

But the same register looks quite different in the STM32CubeProgrammer:

pkoevesdi_1-1715444512232.png

Also, there's a typo in the table on Bit 19, must say OCTOSPI2EN

Am I doing/expecting something wrong, or ist it a bug. If second, is someone reading here who can address it at STM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @pkoevesdi ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported this issue internally.

To solve the wrong register bits description, could you please try to download the SVD file from this link  .

Unzip the file, then copy STM32H73x.svd file and paste it into the STM32Cubeprogrammer installation folder "C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\SVD".

I hope this help you.

Internal ticket number: 181193 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @pkoevesdi ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported this issue internally.

To solve the wrong register bits description, could you please try to download the SVD file from this link  .

Unzip the file, then copy STM32H73x.svd file and paste it into the STM32Cubeprogrammer installation folder "C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\SVD".

I hope this help you.

Internal ticket number: 181193 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

pkoevesdi
Senior

Thank You, with this file, at least the mentioned register conforms to the RM.