cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving NACK During STM32G0B1KEU6 Page Erase over I²C in Bootloader Mode

Saideepak
Visitor

Issue: Receiving NACK During STM32G0B1KEU6 Page Erase over I²C in Bootloader Mode

Context:
I am working with an STM32G0B1KEU6 microcontroller in bootloader mode over I²C and attempting to perform a flash page erase. The erase command is consistently receiving a NACK (negative acknowledgment) from the bootloader.

Page Erase Command:

• Sent the page erase command (0x45), followed by the number of pages to erase (N - 1) and the page numbers.

Observed Behavior:

• I receive an ACK after page erase command and number of pages command, but when I send the erase command the bootloader responds with a NACK.
  • The flash is not busy but the erase still fails to proceed.

Example 1: Erase Pages 1 and 2

1. Page Erase Command (0x45):

• Command sent: 0x45 0xBA (0x45 is the erase command, and 0xBA is the checksum)
    • Result: ACK received
  2. Number of Pages (N - 1):

• Sent: 0x00 0x01 0x01 (Erase 1 + 1 pages, followed by the checksum 0x01)
  3. Page Numbers:

• Sent: 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x02 0x03 (Erase page 1 and page 2, followed by checksum 0x03)
    • Result: NACK received after sending the page numbers
  4. Observed Behavior: Although the erase command and number of pages command are acknowledged, the bootloader responds with a NACK when the page numbers are sent.

Example 2: Erase Pages 3 and 4

1. Page Erase Command (0x45):

• Command sent: 0x45 0xBA (0x45 is the erase command, and 0xBA is the checksum)
  2. Number of Pages (N - 1):

• Sent: 0x00 0x01 0x01 (Erase 1 + 1 pages, followed by the checksum 0x01)
  3. Page Numbers:

• Sent: 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x04 0x07 (Erase page 3 and page 4, followed by checksum 0x07)
    • Result: NACK received after sending the page numbers
  4. Observed Behavior: Similar to the first example, the page erase command and number of pages are acknowledged, but a NACK is received when the actual page numbers are transmitted.

0 REPLIES 0