cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMT32L4 CAN bootloader not initializing

bareil76
Associate II

I have a STM32L431 that jumps to the bootloader using a software jump to 0x1FFF0000.

I verified that the PB8 and PB9 pins are used on my system and I also have a 8MHz crystal soldered.

I let the bootloader run then I send a 0x79 standard identifier with no data at 125kbps using a python script. I check with a logic analyser on both the Tx and Rx pin. I can see my message is being sent to the MCU, but then I get only NAK or even ERROR (series of dominant bit instead of acknowledge).

I tried bombarding the MCU of message and then starting the bootloader, in this case I get a Tx glitch and only NAK on my message.

THen the bootloader just restarts. It does not restarts if I do not send anything so it must be receiving it somehow it just does like it.

2 REPLIES 2
bareil76
Associate II

I wait until the Rx pin goes low (which means the bootloader is configured I think), then I send the message which is the first blue spike on the first row.

bareil76_0-1716489972038.png

Zooming in we see the error instead of the ACK

If I send with no data it is the same problem

bareil76_2-1716490222786.png

bareil76_3-1716490318501.png

Then the system reset and the purple line (first image) goes back up

There are two rows with the same signal, it is just the analog and digital signals.

I get a DIV_0_TRP enabled according to SMT32CubeProgrammer.

Anyone with an idea? Should be simple, I verified with logic analyser that 0x7F is sent and I verified with that I am in the 0x1FFF0000 region when pausing the device.