cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project on Micron memory

STM32folk
Associate II

hello ST community,

I am currently working on an application and I am developping the project on my board. In my application I am using a Micron NOR memory MT25QL512A in QUADSPI mode. I have previously used other OCTOSPI memories but the first time with Micron type. I have started the configuration but I think that may be I need some help that I also want to execute the code from the micron memory, any hints please?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @STM32folk​,

Welcome to ST community.

Micron memory MT25QL512ABB8ESF-0SIT 512-Mbit Quad-SPI flash memory is embedded on the STM32G474E-EVAL board so I recommend you checking to the STM32CubeG4_FW examples and refer to the configuration, it will certainly help your application. You can download it from the ST official website or through the GitHub.

When using ST MCU (STM32G474 for example), the QSPI interface supports the execution in place (XIP) thanks to its integrated prefetch buffer so it is also possible to execute the code directly from the external memory device when using the XIP, you can find an example in the CubeFW as well.

I hope my answer has helped you, when your question is answered please close this topic by marking my reply as Best, it will help other find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @STM32folk​,

Welcome to ST community.

Micron memory MT25QL512ABB8ESF-0SIT 512-Mbit Quad-SPI flash memory is embedded on the STM32G474E-EVAL board so I recommend you checking to the STM32CubeG4_FW examples and refer to the configuration, it will certainly help your application. You can download it from the ST official website or through the GitHub.

When using ST MCU (STM32G474 for example), the QSPI interface supports the execution in place (XIP) thanks to its integrated prefetch buffer so it is also possible to execute the code directly from the external memory device when using the XIP, you can find an example in the CubeFW as well.

I hope my answer has helped you, when your question is answered please close this topic by marking my reply as Best, it will help other find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

thank you for your answer.

Which MCU / STM32?

The MT35 would be the OCTOSPI variants, the MT25 QUADSPI would be usable on the QUAD and OCTO SPI platforms. Should be a host on examples on ST's DISCO and EVAL series boards. If you replicate the pin utilization of those boards the off-the-shelf External Loader (.STLDR) will work immediately with STM32 Cube Programmer, and CubeIDE, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

thank you for your answer.