cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project/Application with drivers updated

dtarrago
Senior

0690X00000BviclQAB.jpgGood morning,

I have an application based on the STM32L4 device. When I started working on this application (I use Keil) I used Cube in order to setup the device according to my application. Please, look at attached picture where drivers folder in Keil is shown: drivers files refer to the files that were 'imported' to my project when I created it.

Since then, drivers may have some improvements or corrections so...

• Do you recommend to updated project with new drivers?
  • Which is the best way to do this?
  • How can I know which improvements/modifications have been carried out in driver files? (In my project I'm using ADC1, ADC2, ADC3 in STM32L475, and ADC2 is giving me random problems when using it. I want to know if new drivers could help me)

Best regards,

Dani.

2 REPLIES 2

Clone the project into a new directory using your file manager. Copy in a fresh copy of the library includes and source.

Use a merge tool to update the projects hal_conf file, and then diff the two projects with same merge tool to understand scope of changes.

Might be better to root cause original failure first, but could also see if dynamics change with new libraries.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dtarrago
Senior

Hi Clive,

As I told you, I have a few random issues when using ADC2 => when using ADC2, my device makes some resets: around 2 or 3 during 24h, and I'm using ADC2 three times every 5 minutes (I read 3 inputs every 5 minutes). This is only happening in release mode --> if I set the device in debug mode, no resets can be noticed. So, do you have any idea to help me finding which can be the reason of this behaviour?? ADC1 and ADC3 are used more often (three times every minute) and all of them (also ADC2) are managed in the same way: ADC is initialized, ADC measures, and ADC is deinitialized (as I'm working in Stop2 mode).

Best regards,

Dani.