cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Pin

SRivi.1
Associate II

Hi, I have a Nucleo 144 - STM32H743ZI2 and I need that the output pins deliver 5V, no 3.3V. Is it possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJC
Senior

The short answer is "no" right out of the box.

However, you are trying to send 5V signals (not power) to a device, you can look for a 5V tolerant pin (often marked as FT) and then use an open-drain configuration with no internal pull up or pull down. Then select an extrarenal pull up resistor that fits well inside the current rating. You need to check the electrical characteristics to see what kind of 5V currents it can sink. (typically just start with 100k... but check the docs).

The result is that the resistor provides your 5V signal as default and your chip provides the ground.

Would be really happy to hear if someone disagrees with me on this one... I plan to put this into production.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DJC
Senior

The short answer is "no" right out of the box.

However, you are trying to send 5V signals (not power) to a device, you can look for a 5V tolerant pin (often marked as FT) and then use an open-drain configuration with no internal pull up or pull down. Then select an extrarenal pull up resistor that fits well inside the current rating. You need to check the electrical characteristics to see what kind of 5V currents it can sink. (typically just start with 100k... but check the docs).

The result is that the resistor provides your 5V signal as default and your chip provides the ground.

Would be really happy to hear if someone disagrees with me on this one... I plan to put this into production.

p.s. if you want to send power. ST has loads of power management devices that can be controller by the mcu.

Tanks you so much for the answer!!!