cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note about use of real name on this ST community forum

sdbbs
Associate II

(edited this post from previous panic language; still think its good to keep it around - and a suggestion: there should be a tag/category for "Community Website")

Well, since ST asked me to register for downloading software, I thought I'd be honest, and enter my real name ... however, I experienced something unexpected, that felt as if ST wanted to doxx me!

So, after registering on st.com, I register for this forum - and when I check the profile settings, the real name (that I entered originally) is nowhere to be found:

0693W00000AMpBnQAL.png 

I cannot see my real name anywhere there ... So I guess, if I cannot see my real name in the forum profile settings - then it will not figure anywhere in the forum, right?

But, then I check the forum overview, and what can I see - my real name sitting there:

0693W00000AMpKBQA1.png 

Even worse - after this, I logged to st.com, changed my name there, logged off, logged back in - st.com did NOT show my real name anymore - but this forum still did!

So, I thought - how could I get my real name off this website?

EDIT: Well, as explained in comments below, this is some SalesForce thing, which should have apparently been visible only to me ... and another thing - after changing my name on st.com, my real name apparently persisted due to browser caching: after logging off again, and closing all browser windows - then opening a new browser window, and logging in to ST community anew, I cannot see my real name anymore - so, I'm fine now 😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is a SalesForce thing, I know it is disconcerting, and it has been complained about before, but it's only visible to you, everyone else sees you as sdbbs

Thinking outside the box, taking the canal sideways...

0693W000008z3XMQAY.jpg 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It is a SalesForce thing, I know it is disconcerting, and it has been complained about before, but it's only visible to you, everyone else sees you as sdbbs

Thinking outside the box, taking the canal sideways...

0693W000008z3XMQAY.jpg 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
sdbbs
Associate II

Many thanks, @Community member​ - and apologies about the panic message (edited now):

> It is a SalesForce thing, ... , but it's only visible to you,

Thanks, feels good to know what was going on there ... If I somehow knew this in advance, I would not have panicked as much 🙂

Also, turns out changing your real name on st.com does indeed propagate to the forum - I apparently did not see it at first because of browser caching issues, as written in the edit in the OP.

Many thanks again!