cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOR Flash(external memory )- Status error

meghasb
Senior

Hi all,

I'm working on the NOR Flash via OSPI(using as QSPI) with the STM32U585 board. implementing this via filex and levelx, i have done all the configuration referring to the example provided by ST with the minor changes. I'm getting error in the following part of code. 

the status return for this should be success but its getting failed. even i tried in the same example one which provided by the ST for the U5 board, even their I'm getting the error. 

could someone help me what could be the problem for getting failure return.

/* Format the OCTO-SPI NOR flash as FAT */

nor_ospi_status =  fx_media_format(&nor_ospi_flash_disk,                                                           // nor_ospi_flash_disk pointer

fx_stm32_levelx_nor_driver,                                                     // Driver entry

(VOID *)LX_NOR_OSPI_DRIVER_ID,                                                  // Device info pointer

(UCHAR *) fx_nor_ospi_media_memory,                                             // Media buffer pointer

sizeof(fx_nor_ospi_media_memory),                                               // Media buffer size

FX_NOR_OSPI_VOLUME_NAME,                                                        // Volume Name

FX_NOR_OSPI_NUMBER_OF_FATS,                                                     // Number of FATs

32,                                                                             // Directory Entries

FX_NOR_OSPI_HIDDEN_SECTORS,                                                     // Hidden sectors

(LX_STM32_OSPI_FLASH_SIZE - LX_STM32_OSPI_SECTOR_SIZE)/ FX_NOR_OSPI_SECTOR_SIZE,// Total sectors

FX_NOR_OSPI_SECTOR_SIZE,                                                        // Sector size

8,                                                                              // Sectors per cluster

1,                                                                              // Heads

1);

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @meghasb ,

Which memory are you using?

Is it the same memory used in Fx_NoR_Write_Read_File example: MX25LM51245G?

Could you please check the OCTOSPI and the hardware configuration.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.