cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No BSDL Files for STM32H7RS

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

The BSDL files for STM32H7RS do not contain files for STM32H7RS.

Is the JTAG command length the same for STM32H7RS as for other STM32?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CMYL
ST Employee

hi @Uwe Bonnes 

This is the first feedback from team:

All STM32s have a 9 bits IRSCAN length, chaining a test TAP (5 bits) and the cortex TAP (4 bits).

Which are the STM32 devices mentioned with a 5 bits (only) IRSCAN length ? can you double check if there are 4-bits handled in some code place into your program ?

BSDL is still ongoing, I asked for the ETA.

Best Regards 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CMYL
ST Employee

Hi @Uwe Bonnes 

JTAG debug port is described in the RM0477 section 66.4.2. The JTAG-DP implements a TAP state machine (TAPSM) based on IEEE 1149.1-1990. The Debug register set is the same as other STM32H7 series.

Can you clarify what is it means JTAG command length? those that should be used with third party tools ?

I need more detailed questions to share with internal teams 🙂

Best regards

With command length, I meant "IR length" for the STM32 IO Scan chain. The program I use uses IR length = 5, as it did successfully for other STM devices.  I suspected a change in the IR length, but now other setups do not work neither.

But anyways, the BSDL file is missing from en.stm32h7_bsdl.zip

CMYL
ST Employee

Hi @Uwe Bonnes 

Ticket 180905 is submitted to answer the question and request BSDL.

This is an internal ticket that is not useful for you. I just added it for further tracking.

Best Regards,

Younes 

CMYL
ST Employee

hi @Uwe Bonnes 

This is the first feedback from team:

All STM32s have a 9 bits IRSCAN length, chaining a test TAP (5 bits) and the cortex TAP (4 bits).

Which are the STM32 devices mentioned with a 5 bits (only) IRSCAN length ? can you double check if there are 4-bits handled in some code place into your program ?

BSDL is still ongoing, I asked for the ETA.

Best Regards