cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netxduo with cellular modem

IVent.1
Senior

Hallo,

I have a board with stm32u5. This board sends mqtt messages to a broker using a cellular modem.

As os, I'm using AZURE RTOS. I'm wondering if it's better to use lwip, netxduo or stm32_cellular as a substratum. Where can I find examples of netxduo with cellular modem?To use netxduo, I have to flag something else apart nx core and mqtt? thank you a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STea
ST Employee

Hello @IVent.1,

For using NetX Duo with a cellular modem on an STM32U5 board running Azure RTOS, you can adapt examples from other STM32 series available on GitHub. Refer to the NetX Duo Examples on GitHub. Ensure you configure the cellular modem settings, network interface, memory pool size, stack size, and system time base appropriately. For more details on cellular LTE CatM and NBIoT, visit the Introduction to Cellular LTE CatM / NBIoT.

Where can I find examples of netxduo with cellular modem?
-download the X-cube-Cellular firmware package X-CUBE-CELLULAR - Cellular software expansion for STM32Cube - STMicroelectronics
the answer to your question what to use Azure way FreeRtos and Lwip way will depend on your understanding of booth solutions and your preferences, but we cannot say that one solution is better than the other and should be used this is a choice you need to make after evaluating booth solutions and insuring you have all the necessary documentation and resources to begin your development.
Regards 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STea
ST Employee

Hello @IVent.1,

For using NetX Duo with a cellular modem on an STM32U5 board running Azure RTOS, you can adapt examples from other STM32 series available on GitHub. Refer to the NetX Duo Examples on GitHub. Ensure you configure the cellular modem settings, network interface, memory pool size, stack size, and system time base appropriately. For more details on cellular LTE CatM and NBIoT, visit the Introduction to Cellular LTE CatM / NBIoT.

Where can I find examples of netxduo with cellular modem?
-download the X-cube-Cellular firmware package X-CUBE-CELLULAR - Cellular software expansion for STM32Cube - STMicroelectronics
the answer to your question what to use Azure way FreeRtos and Lwip way will depend on your understanding of booth solutions and your preferences, but we cannot say that one solution is better than the other and should be used this is a choice you need to make after evaluating booth solutions and insuring you have all the necessary documentation and resources to begin your development.
Regards 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.