cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module for Establishing PPP Communication and Integrating NetXDuo TCP/IP Stack in STM32 Projects

srikanthpalvai
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I'm working on an STM32 project where I need to establish PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) communication with a GSM module, such as the SIM7600. Additionally, I aim to integrate the NetXDuo TCP/IP stack into the project for network communication.

Similar to how the ESP32 has the esp-modem component for managing modem communication, I'm seeking recommendations for STM32-compatible modules or libraries that handle both PPP communication and facilitate the integration of the NetXDuo TCP/IP stack.

I've searched extensively but haven't found a dedicated solution like esp-modem tailored for STM32 platforms.

Any insights, suggestions, or recommendations on efficient ways to implement PPP communication with GSM modules and integrate the NetXDuo TCP/IP stack into STM32 projects would be immensely helpful.

Thank you all for your time and expertise!

6 REPLIES 6
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Would be helpful if you tell more about the requirements: which application protocols you want to have? Which kind of GSM module? Help us to help you.

Here you can find helping hands to do the research work for you.

I'm working with an STM32 Nucleo board, specifically the NUCLEO-U5A5ZJQ with a SIM7600 HAT. My goal is to establish PPP communication between the STM32 and the SIM7600 module. Afterward, I plan to use mbedtls to send HTTPS requests to a server. 

https://mou.sr/3IHOR2O
https://mou.sr/3IFXx9S

@Pavel A. Any update on this 
@STea Could you please help me with this 

@Pavel A. 
project involves using the SIM7600 GSM module to establish PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) communication through the modem. The goal is to utilize this connection to send TCP/IP requests to a server.
Is there any sample example with the NetXduo 

@srikanthpalvai Thank you for providing these details. Hope someone who used this GSM module will chime in. Unfortunately I don't know a ready example. More help with development of custom examples and integration of NetX can be found here.

@Pavel A. 
Is anyone can help me from the STM32 Team