cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed confirmation email for session

Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

I have not received confirmation email for registration for session I have registered.

10 REPLIES 10
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

If you haven't received an email stating your confirmation, please check if it has been blocked by your IT or put to SPAM folder.

If you are still not able to find it, please contact us on this community and we will help you individually.

TJane.1
Associate

Tilen. I remember you from the time when you were freelancer (not ST employee) and you wrote several useful libraries for STM.

Now I see you are employee of ST so maybe you have some impact on company policies.

I don't get it. I don't get ST policy on workshops. First ST sends invitations for the workshop, I sign up for it within 30 minutes from

receiving the email, make sure that I have place in my busy schedule. Few seconds after that I get

"This workshop is complimentary with limited seating. Your registration will be confirmed soon based on availability."

So I thought, OK, there were 6 days of workshops and all days are open for registrations so it's going to be OK.

Then after week I got this:

"As you may be aware, this is a complimentary event with limited seating. Registrations are based on space availability. Due to an overwhelming response, our capacity has been reached and, unfortunately, we are unable to confirm your registration."

What kind of nonsense is that?

Is that ST company policy to treat people like ****?

Can't you setup your web page so either one is rejected and accepted at once. What kind of nonsense is that that after a WEEK you reject people.

I hold a doctorate degree (PHD) in electronics, would like to use STM high-performance controllers in my upcoming designs (I am a member of Audio Engineering Society),  but having been treated like that by STM I am leaning towards using NXP offerings that are competitive (their crossover series which by the way are FASTER than any STM offering).

AlexHeslop
Associate

I've had the same experience as you TJane.1. In my 3 years of working with ST's products, I've never once had an application to any workshop accepted, despite signing up to them as soon as they land in my inbox. I've also had all of my training days cancelled due to numbers (either too many or too few). The customer service from ST has been poor ever since I started working with them, and it hasn't improved at all. Generally I find that you don't get a response to comments if you bring this up in the forum, so I wouldn't expect anything to change here.

Dear @AlexHeslop​,

sorry to receive negative feedback from our side concerning workshop.

We have no boards for the moment that we could allocate for you on this workshop since demand was extremely high.

We will try to find a solution for you if you contact us privately, email: tilen.majerle@st.com

We found similar solution for Tjane.1.

Best regards, Tilen

DTodo
Associate II

Hi there,

first of all - thank you for sending the note that you are unable to provide seating for the workshop.

FYI, I was also quick to sign-up as soon as I received the main invitation (literally minutes away), and there were at least workshop options available. Now, I totally would understand there is some shortlisting of candidates for these workshops and that professionals are likely prioritized to students. I feel the more transparent the signup & confirmation process for these workshops is, the lesser negative feedback.

akr
Associate II

The same here. I also registered soon after I received the invitation email and all dates were still available then.

I agree especially with DTodo's comment.

I was lucky to attend an ST workshop before and it was really good quality and well laid/out, learned a lot in that. Sad to be missing this one.

ATomi.1
Associate

Its like in corrupt countries, they already​ have people for workshop, or there isnt one at all. Just marketing and pinging emails for people of interest. After telling me that its full or whatever, I receive more and more useless emails from them.

DNies.1
Associate

Hi, I received the official meeting invitation from you but apparently without any link to the Teams meeting for today

DHofl.1
Associate

Hello, I've missed the confirmation mail, already order the board.