cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microcontroller shutdown when press reset

KN.2
Associate II

Hi all,

I am developing hmi using stm32f746 microcontroller,it's running continuesly whenever I press reset button the total system is turned off and unable to turn it on even if I do power reset.the reset pin is common for microcontroller and LAN driver.i attached the block diagram,need some suggestions regarding this.

5 REPLIES 5
Piranha
Chief II

Your reset circuit is wrong. Look at AN4661.

Does NRST stick low and stay there?

Is BOOT0 pulled LOW?

What does "turned off" mean in this context? VDD A&B don't go to 3.3V or your code on the STM32 simply doesn't start the way you want/expect?​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

Typically NRST is bypassed to GND, not 3.3V. Shouldn't cause things to not work here though. NRST has an internal pullup as well, so external pullup is not neccessary.

> need some suggestions regarding this

Measure power rails, NRST, and BOOT0 to understand what is happening.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

that capacitor alone i drawn worng,its parallel with switch

nrst is not staying at low level it back to 3.3.when i release the reset button.

yes boot0 is pulled down

in this we are using two 3.3v regulators with same ground,one regulator for micro controller alone and another one for other peripherals like wifi module,ethernet driver etc.it was worked well at the begining.when i interfaced wifi module the problem arrived.bx3105 module is for wifi.we dint place the wifi module in pcb i place it in another gb board and get power and tx rx wires and connected it to micro controller.when ever i connect the wifi module system is booted if i press reset black screen at display,cpu run led stopped.in this scenario i connected my jtag and pressed reset its working normally.kindly help me.