cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU STM32G030K8T6 hangs

PLER
Associate II

Hi all,

We have a product containing the STM32G030K8T6 MCU. The code is working like expected and the product is meeting all specifications. The product is battery powered and can be charged via USB. So far so good.

If the product is assembled it will go into a burn-in test where 70 plus products will be charged and de-charged between 3 to 10 times. During this test 1 to 3 products are failing, and with failing I mean the MCU just stops operation.

It stops at the following line of code:

Edit.png

We found a lot of high dV/dt on the powerline and think this is causing the MCU to hang although we cannot reproduce on a single piece.

If we test products randomly on bench or at our desk it doens't have any issues.

Currently we are at a dead end, does anybody has any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

@PLER wrote:

Yes we can read back. In one reported case there was a mismatch between what was read back and the orignal file.

Do you check this on all failures?

What was the nature of the difference(s)?

Boot0 is left floating, although it is connected to the TAG connector.

As far as I can recall this is not done. The assembly and error situation happens at the assy company which is abroad. We received some samples back and from 1 there was a mismatch in memory. The assy company all so did a readout and they noticed the same. 

It is confirmed to me that they are set.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III