cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU part longevity

KGane.1
Associate III

Where to find specific part longevity? The following link has details for few parts only.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/about/quality-and-reliability/product-longevity.html#10-year-longevity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charles-Renoir
ST Employee

Hi @KGane.1​ , @TDK​ ,

Thanks for spotting that issue on our Longevity Program page.

This program is an ST commitment to supply selected products for a defined period (7, 10, 15 and 20 years). The commitment is stated in the program page.

Here we have an issue with very few products STM32H7A/H7B/U5 as your correctly spotted it. The issue has been identified and is being fixed.

So you'll see very soon these products appear in the list of selected products for the 10 years Longevity commitment.

Sorry for this data misalignment.

Thanks

-Christophe

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Perhaps your local sales office?

Availability is one of those touchy subjects currently, especially when you don't own all the foundries, or the packaging/test.. I consider Taiwan a Country, China does not.

Management is likely to change in the next 5 or 10 years, promises made to day are only as good as the stiff penalty clauses you have behind them.

The only real guarantees will be that you have parts you've inventoried in your own warehouses, and it doesn't burn or flood, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​ Thanks.

TDK
Guru

Aren't all STM32 chips listed there? Which part?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KGane.1
Associate III

No. I don't see the details of STM32H743x, STM32H753x,STM32HA3xI, STM32H7B3xI

I see H743 and H753

0693W00000DlTvWQAV.png 

10-year commitment is listed on the H7A/H7B page. Probably unintentionally hasn't been added to the table yet:

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32h7a3-7b3.html#overview

I don't see STM32U5 in the table either, but that also as a 10-yr commitment per the product page:

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32u5-series.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

0693W00000DlU4dQAF.jpg@TDK​ Thanks for sharing information. I am not sure why cant i see the same.

Weird. Maybe they use the same bad software for that table as they do for the forum. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

I add @Francesco CARIATI​ , in case he has an explanation for this behavior.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Charles-Renoir
ST Employee

Hi @KGane.1​ , @TDK​ ,

Thanks for spotting that issue on our Longevity Program page.

This program is an ST commitment to supply selected products for a defined period (7, 10, 15 and 20 years). The commitment is stated in the program page.

Here we have an issue with very few products STM32H7A/H7B/U5 as your correctly spotted it. The issue has been identified and is being fixed.

So you'll see very soon these products appear in the list of selected products for the 10 years Longevity commitment.

Sorry for this data misalignment.

Thanks

-Christophe