cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lora Configuration: L476, SX1272 and PA-BOOST

emil28
Senior

Hello,

For a project, I am using the code given on the STLRWAN1 web page (https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/i-nucleo-lrwan1.html#tools-software), and the project "End Node". I am using the L476 uC and the SX1272. How can I configure the code in order to make the antenna works on PA BOOST ? The original code makes the antenna works on RFO.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You presumably take your sx1272mb2das.c or equivalent file driving YOUR SX1272 implementation, and modify the SX1272GetPaSelect() routine to pick a different output pin.

uint8_t SX1272GetPaSelect( uint32_t channel )

{

return RF_PACONFIG_PASELECT_RFO;

}

or

uint8_t SX1276GetPaSelect( uint32_t channel )

{

if( channel > RF_MID_BAND_THRESH )

{

return RF_PACONFIG_PASELECT_PABOOST;

}

else

{

}

}

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You presumably take your sx1272mb2das.c or equivalent file driving YOUR SX1272 implementation, and modify the SX1272GetPaSelect() routine to pick a different output pin.

uint8_t SX1272GetPaSelect( uint32_t channel )

{

}

or

uint8_t SX1276GetPaSelect( uint32_t channel )

{

if( channel > RF_MID_BAND_THRESH )

{

return RF_PACONFIG_PASELECT_PABOOST;

}

else

{

}

}

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
emil28
Senior

Hello,

Thanks for the quick answer, I really appreciate it.

I changed the function SX1272GetPaSelect like you said, but when I read the register 0x09 (RegPaConfig), the value is still 0x0F, so PaSelect is still configured on RF0.

I tried to write directly the good value (0x8F) in the register 0x09, it works, but after the LoRa.Join() function, the value is reset to 0x0F.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

emil28
Senior

Found the solution, there was a problem in the configuration of my SPI, thanks for your help !! :)

Hello,

Is is useless to open a discussion only for that question, but do you know a way to get the time and date of the LoRa server after the JOIN request ?

Thanks