cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of SPI3 of STM32U5

nicolas
Associate III

I spent many hours trying to make the SPI3 works through the use of the HAL but it was doing weird things (not clearing IRQ flag so ISR was continuously called).
Then I found that SPI3 is limited to a size of 1023.
I also found on this forum other people having the same problem with SPI3, so I think some improvement can be done:
- It would be great to have HAL function return an error when called with a too big size.
- On STM32CubeIDE SFRs, SPI3.SPI_CR2 should have a TSIZE[0:10] instead of [0:16]
- In RM0456 Rev 5 page 2924, I think "TSIZE cannot be set to 0xFFFF respective 0x3FFF value when CRC is enabled." is wrong (0x3FFF instead of 0x3FF, respective of what ?). I think something like this would be better "TSIZE cannot be set to 0xFFFF (0x3FF for limited feature) value when CRC is enabled.".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @nicolas,

Thank you for raising the issues.

I have raised the requests internally to be treated and fixed via the internal tickets:

• Ticket number 182477 for CubeIDE defect.
  • Ticket number 182478 for Document defect.
  • Ticket number 182479 for HAL request.

Thank you for your contribution.

(PS: The ticket number is an internal tracking number and not accessible or usable by customers)

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @nicolas,

Thank you for raising the issues.

I have raised the requests internally to be treated and fixed via the internal tickets:

• Ticket number 182477 for CubeIDE defect.
  • Ticket number 182478 for Document defect.
  • Ticket number 182479 for HAL request.

Thank you for your contribution.

(PS: The ticket number is an internal tracking number and not accessible or usable by customers)

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen