cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to find out edge polarity in an interrupt without a re-read? STM32H750

VN.2
Associate III

Hi, I have both rising and falling edge enabled for an EXTI interrupt on GPIO. I would like to know what edge the interrupt has been entered on, re-reading the GPIO line is error prone and not viable due to latency. I can have a counter that I check with "c & 1", but I'm worried about the initial state of the line which is unknown, this could break the "c & 1" logic.

Is there a correct way to find out the interrupt polarity, without additional reads of the interrupt line?

8 REPLIES 8

If you've got signals this flaky externally, buffer them.

Or use a TIM pin where the CH1 / CH2 trigger on upposing edges of the TIMx_CH1 input pin (CH2 can use via Indirect Mode, ie criss-cross of CH1<->CH2, and CH3<->CH4)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for the answer. The signal integrity is pretty good and not noisy, the edges are coming in pretty quick tho, rising edge followed by falling happens in a 16ns timespan. I need to decide if I need to change the MODE of both PortA and B. If another falling edge comes in I can keep MODE the same, if not I need to change it. I want to prevent reading GPIO pins because that adds about 40ns delay. The signal stays low for about 200ns in that time I also have to read ram and output to PortA and B. Unfortunately I can't use DMA to output on PortB as pin[0..3;9..12] of the B port are not accessible and I need to workaround that by having the CM7 shift the data. If there is some way to shift by 4 through DMA which I missed it would be awesome!

Definitely seems like something to be done via a CPLD and/or logic directly

Consider using BSRR rather than ODR if you need to scatter-shot a subset of GPIO within the bank

Things like FIFO memories can provide elasticity where there is some mismatch of rates, or burst behaviours.

AScha.3
Chief II

or...connect input to 2 exti pins, set one to rising and other to falling edge.

then dont need to read state after trigger. 🙂

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Makes sense if you have pins to spare 🙂 Unfortunately not a possibility for me.

A TIM should be able to cross​ connect one pin to two channels via indirect mode.

What is a TIM and how much added latency are we talking about?

AScha.3
Chief II

TIM -> timer

0693W00000SuTedQAF.png 

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".