cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a list of MCU's with USB HOST controller?

Mark Speir
Associate II

I need a MCU with a USB host controller. It seems to be hit or miss as to which STM32 chips have this feature. I've tried the product selector on both this site and Digikey, but "host" is only ever listed in the datasheet, so this has proven fruitless. This feature is key to he project I'm working on. I need to be able to connect a keyboard to the chip and be able to read the key presses. The rest of what I need is mostly IO and SPI/I2C, so I'm otherwise not to picky. Still, I'd like to avoid wading through the muck that is the ST MCU lineup, chip by chip, if at all possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

MCUFinder should help you to look for those parts. In general, you will find USB host capability not at the low price end of the available devices.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

MCUFinder should help you to look for those parts. In general, you will find USB host capability not at the low price end of the available devices.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

While waiting for better answers, why not to ask Copilot or Gemini?

I did not know that was a thing! Thank you!

In STM32, two types of USB modules are used: a simpler device-only, in the lower-end models; and a host+device type (licenced from Synopsys) marked as OTG in the higher end models. The latter is in the 'F105/'F107, 'F2xx, 'F4xx, 'F7xx,  'H7xx, and higher-end 'L4yx and 'U5yx, where y>=7 (including letters).

There's also one exception, the USB in 'G0Bx is a derivative of the device-only model but it does implement also host.

JW