cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is LWIP available for STM32H5XX

mvonahnen
Associate III

I just updated my STM32IDE to support the STM32H5 series parts and I noticed in my project that LWIP is no longer a middleware option. Is it not supported on this family?

10 REPLIES 10
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It is not supported on this family by ST. But it is a free, opensource project, available to everyone.

The question is, why do you want it. Every RTOS or IoT OS project has its own tcp/ip layer, even FreeRTOS.

mvonahnen
Associate III

I am novice to IP programming and most of the examples out there use LWIP

Well, now you can find also examples with Azure RTOS and NetX. Sounds good?

Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @mvonahnen​ 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

aw_von
Associate

Following this thread for updates.  I too have run into this issue - namely migrating projects from the F7 to H5 that use LwIP and MQTT provided by STM32CubeMX.  While I am not a novice, expediting the migration process would be nice.  

Here you can find helping hands with migration chores, while you stay focused on what is important to you:

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/programming-tech/electronics-engineering/embedded-systems-iot

Simon
Associate II

Hi @Billy OWEN 

Could you please provide an update. 4 months has passed and there is still no LWIP support for the H5.

Piranha
Chief II
funkii
Associate III

Hi,

are there any news or has anyone managed to port lwip to the H5 series, especially the STM32H573i-DK?

Best,

funkii