cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to intercept CAN messages between CAN Device and its CAN Transceiver

JBond.1
Senior

Hi, Is it possible to add STM32F407VET6 which has 2 CAN connections between CAN device and its CAN Transceiver?

I want filter some of the messages from device receiving them and forward the other. Can I do that without using Transceivers and just intercepting between CAN device and its CAN Transceiver?

Also will STM32F407VET6 will cope with all can bus messages in 100Kbps CAN network?

2 REPLIES 2
Javier1
Principal

>Also will STM32F407VET6 will cope with all can bus messages in 100Kbps CAN network?

100kbps is not very fast for canbus so youll be fine. (youll be able to send 1message every 8mseconds aprox)

150kpbs or 250kbps are more standard baudrates, Ive seen also 1Mbps canbus baudrate (the fastest baudrate the shorter the bus you can use).

>Hi, Is it possible to add STM32F407VET6 which has 2 CAN connections between CAN device and its CAN Transceiver?

I want filter some of the messages from device receiving them and forward the other. Can I do that without using Transceivers and just intercepting between CAN device and its CAN Transceiver?

I didnt understood what you want to do sorry.

What does CAN device mean to you?

Intercepting and filtering canbus messages sounds like what the builtin canbus peripheral already does.

I have car radio which communicates via CAN BUS, I want to restrict some messages that radio wont receive them. So I wonder can I add STM32F407VET6 with 2 CAN interfaces between radio and its Transceiver?

I want to avoid using 2 additional Transceiver for STM32F407VET6 and instead add it after radio Transceiver.