cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to erase STM32c01x Memory in smaller units than the Page?

KenLee
Associate III

Hello, I am using STM32C011F4U6 MCU.

As I mentioned, I wonder if it is possible to do Erase in units smaller than Page.
The specification does not describe such a function, but is this function possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Flash erasure in STM32 is only possible in multiples of pages, it cannot performed in smaller chunks of memory. The RM0490 also describes this in detail, e.g. in section 3.3.6.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Flash erasure in STM32 is only possible in multiples of pages, it cannot performed in smaller chunks of memory. The RM0490 also describes this in detail, e.g. in section 3.3.6.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

You can  however "invalidate" already programmed chunks of 64 bits by writing 64-bits of all zero. 

@Uwe Bonnes wrote:

You can  however "invalidate" already programmed chunks of 64 bits by writing 64-bits of all zero. 

+1

@KenLee for more on this, see:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/issues-with-x-cube-eeprom/m-p/663034/highlight/true#M47011

(probably also worth reading the rest of that thread)