cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialize the bootloader on STM32L432KC

Abijith
Associate II

I am a new embedded software engineer using STM32L432KC for my company's projects.

I have been tasked to install a bootloader into this MCU. I am not sure how to proceed. I do understand that the BOOT0 pin which is grounded has to be set HIGH and BOOT1 pin has to be set LOW. But I'm not sure how to program the chip to install the bootloader into memory.

Can someone assist me on this issue? I am using the Keil Microvision alongside STM32CubeMX. 
It would be really helpful if you could prove the links to APIs/Headerfiles etc/.

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Abijith and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you follow the instructions and recommendations of the AN2606. Also, you have to take a look at the chapter 2.6 of the RM0394.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. We'll contact you directly.

Regards,

Jake

ST Support

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to flash the firmware using GPIO pins via UART? I would not want to use microUSB anymore. This is because my company is building a tool with other components and it will be difficult to open the packaging every time to connect the microUSB and flash.

Your inf is little chaos, from where you have here micro USB? But primary you can use own bootloader = any custom method and connection for fw, or sytem bootloaders as described in AN2606 actualy chapter 66 pages 329-...

Hello @Abijith 

The bootloader is also available on the UART interface for the STM32L432KC:

STTwo32_0-1718806214469.png

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.