cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBIS model STM32H5

Katherine
Associate

I'm using STM32H573IIK6TR and I download its IBIS simulation model from st.com [stm32h562_563_573_ufbga201.ibs]

There are a lot of pin model, but i cannot understand what is the correlaction between the datasheet and ibis model.

For example: 

I'm using pin H14 as SDCLK in high speed mode.

In IBIS model pins have the following models: low speed (io8_ft_spi_ls_3v3), medium speed (io8_ft_spi_ms_3v3), fast speed (io8_ft_spi_fs_3v3) and high speed (io8_ft_spi_hs_3v3). 

In datasheet there are 4 mode: low, medium, high and very high.

So, I think that "high mode" in datasheet correspond to "fast speed" in IBIS model, but results don't correspond at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ELABI.1
ST Employee

Hello @Katherine ,

Yes, you're right, "high mode" in datasheet correspond to "fast speed".

You can refer to AN4803 application note and precisely section 4.2 "Model selector" and you can find that the bit code naming is aligned with the IBIS model.

We are going to align the naming, what is important is the code of bits 00 01 10 11 to use the model, and we'll fix it in coming release.

Thank you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Eya.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ELABI.1
ST Employee

Hello @Katherine ,

Yes, you're right, "high mode" in datasheet correspond to "fast speed".

You can refer to AN4803 application note and precisely section 4.2 "Model selector" and you can find that the bit code naming is aligned with the IBIS model.

We are going to align the naming, what is important is the code of bits 00 01 10 11 to use the model, and we'll fix it in coming release.

Thank you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Eya.