cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBIS model Configuration STM32U5A9

Au
Associate

Greetings,

I have a question regarding the IBIS model of STM32U5A9 family. in the setup of any pin there is model parameter that has to be selected. There are several models such as io100m_ls_xx_xxx. what exactly those models mean in terms of actual numbers. For example, in low-speed mode what is actually the speed clock and rise times are?

are there references that explains the IBIS parameters and how to setup them up correctly?

1 REPLY 1
ELABI.1
ST Employee

Hello @Au,

The "100m" in the model io100m_ls_xx_xxx refers to the maximum frequency range. If you would like to know more details about the I/O description, you can refer to the Datasheet, specifically Section 4.2 "Pin Description", Table 26 "Legend/Abbreviations Used in the Pinout Table".

Depending on your application, you should refer to the Datasheet, Table 90 "Output AC Characteristics" (if HSLV OFF) or Table 91 "Output AC Characteristics" (if HSLV ON). These will provide you with the frequency and rise time based on your C load and then you can choose the equivalent model, whether it be low speed (00), medium speed (01), fast speed (10), or very high speed (11).

I have attached the Datasheet link.

Thank you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Eya.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.