cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know if there is a way to setup IPCC in Cube MX 6.3

Hiram Hyman
Associate III

In UM1718, it states that IPCC is only used for the STM32MP1 series.

I understand that I need to update the version that I'm using however, I do not want to loose and have to restart again for our project.

Furthermore, I've tried to use the H747 and other dual core MCU's but, only the series MP1 indicates the IPCC.

I need to communicate and share data from CM7-CM4 and visa versa.

• is there a way to setup IPCC in Cube MX 6.3 or do I need to use STM32 Cube H?

If I can use the current version I have, how do I establish a communication link between cores in Cube MX? Please recommend the documentation that I would need.

AHB, Simplex Communication I've studied but, I have not solidified the setup.

Thanks,

Hiram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Hiram Hyman​ ,

You may find answers to your questions in this article STM32H7 Dual-Core: How to communicate between CM4 & CM7?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

IPCC is a hardware block that is included in a few STM32s so far: STM32MP1, STM32WB and STM32WL5. Since the STM32H747 does not contain an IPCC, inter-processor communication must be handled in the classic way via software.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hiram Hyman
Associate III

Hi Mr. Bensch,

Yes it does to a certain degree. Although, where might I find more about the classic way? I noticed that OpenAMP is forced for use so, perhaps this is the route that I must use. I'll check on the ST website for information.

Thanks,

Hiram

Hi @Hiram Hyman​ ,

You may find answers to your questions in this article STM32H7 Dual-Core: How to communicate between CM4 & CM7?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

It was a great help for the needed clarification.

Thanks,

Hiram

It's a shame that ST's article does not even mention the most obvious, easiest, universal and efficient way to do it...

https://github.com/MaJerle/stm32h7-dual-core-inter-cpu-async-communication