cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I work on a MSI-notebook where memory integrity not working on Windows 11 due to the sttub30 driver (ST Microelectronics; version: 3.0.5.0; P/N: generic STM USBdriver). Can somebody provide me with an updated version of that driver file (STTub30.sys

HStri.1
Associate

24 REPLIES 24

Honestly, I have no idea. Renaming the file with a .old extension sorts the issue out.

@Community member​ Registry is what I'd suspect. The inf and .sys files are signed. If there's some foul play that makes a simple PnP driver load without a matching device plugged in, it should be in the registry.

Thank you for the reply. It worked. 

I followed the steps to the oem77.inf location and deleted but apparently it was not the error code/driver code that my computer had issues with. I thought it was a generic solution so that's my fault. I did have a look and noticed mine was oem171.inf and I uninstalled that driver and it worked fine. No errors showing yet for deleting oem77.inf so I guess all is resolved now. I was able to turn on Memory integrity with all other related buttons and restarted the computer each time with no issues.

Also, like you initially stated, I had the experience of calling my computer manufacturer and they claimed it was a software issue, that I should contact Microsoft. Then I called ST and was led here by ST employee customer service. Would have been nice to not have customers go through all this though.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@LL Thanks for sharing your experience. But still, if a reputable computer vendor preinstalls such drivers in the production disk image, it is not acceptable. (on less reputable vendors - no comments)

Padaung
Associate

I had this exact same problem, and it was an absolute nightmare to remove this driver. I wasted so much time on this. The driver was installed when I needed to update some software on a work device. The app used to install the firmware update to the device, installed this driver on my laptop. However to get the app to install required me to disable Windows memory integrity. I did this thinking it would be a simple case of uninstalling the app after I'd done the update (to remove whatever it installed) and then turning memory integrity back on.

Uninstalling the app did not remove this driver.

I solved it by following these steps:

• Launch "Device Manager" (right click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and select it from the menu shown)
  • In the View menu, select "Show hidden devices"
  • Select "Device by driver" in View menu
  • Find oem30.inf (which seems to be associated with the driver STTub30.sys)
  • Right click on oem30.inf to bring up the properties of this driver
  • I chose to uninstall the driver
  • Rebooted the laptop once it had uninstalled
  • Re-enabled memory integrity in Windows Security
  • Rebooted the laptop again

Hope that may help someone else.