cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for a simple example for EEProm emulation.

SBrã¶.1
Associate II

If I then have to download 700 MBytes, I simply feel screwed. You have to be able to pack something like that into 5 kilobytes.

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

"stm32 eeprom emulation" turns up a bunch of stuff.

https://github.com/nimaltd/ee

The X-CUBE-EEPROM software also exists and is considerably less than 700 MB.

Including your chip number in your post will produce better results.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

You can browse most of the Cube repositories via GitHub

Not sure you're going to find entirely buildable packages of 5KB, but you should able to review the usage examples.

ST kind of assumes most people are beyond dial-up internet, certainly at a commercial/business level.

BitTorrent has been suggested in the past to allow for more robust delivery in areas with problematic connectivity.

I'm more for firing "software" people who can't code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
SBrã¶.1
Associate II

You didn't understand my criticism.

I was looking for a simple example to solve a specific problem. 

In the meantime I have found a simple example in the net with which I can solve my task. That's about 50 lines of code, but not the EEProm emulation, but direct access to the flash memory to store some calibration data.

>>You didn't understand my criticism.

Perhaps, my first read of your question had me thinking you wanted to write 700MB files using EEPROM Emulation.

Using the FLASH directly to manage a few dozen configuration bytes, makes far more sense than using the EEPROM Emulation

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

It's correct. It wasn't about saving 700MB. My criticism was directed at program examples that are so large that they end up causing more confusion and unnecessary work than explaining anything.

I also didn't look for the EEProm emulation at first because I prefer to access the resources directly than to rely on foreign libraries. That's why I first looked for an example for direct access to the Flash. But then there were a lot of references without useful information and cryptic and mostly incomplete code examples.

What annoys me is that instead of meaningful information, you get things that obviously only serve the author for self-expression: According to the motto: "Oh, how great I am, I can deal with cryptic nested pointer operations and deeply staggered libraries".

What has helped me now is the youtube video and the code example by Victor Vano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GhHpeRgceM

I don't think the code is perfect at all. e.g. the termination condition in the read loop must not be made like this,

but you see how it works, and it works.

thanks for your suggestion 🙂

I have updated my Lib. Please have a look.