cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two Board with Same Micro Controller but with Different Version. Oldest Version Working Properly Fine But in Latest Version one am not available to flash the Code.Micro Controller STM32F439NIH6 VQ3 and VQ4 .Anyone have Same Issue Kindly Comment

AGond.2
Associate III

11 REPLIES 11
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @amankumbhaniumar Gond​ 

Can you provide more details about the problem (flash the code): symptoms? how to reproduce it, is it systematic or random?

What do you mean STM32F439NIH6 VQ3 and VQ4?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Likely different die out of the VQ fab ?

https://www.st.com/resource/en/errata_sheet/es0206-stm32f427437-and-stm32f429439-line-limitations-stmicroelectronics.pdf

>>Anyone have Same Issue..

How would anyone know? The description of the problem / issue is incredibly vague.

Assume no one here was involved in the design and coding for your board.

You get an error from a programming application? What program, what error?

STM32 Cube Programmer is the currently maintained application for programming via the ST-LINK pods.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AGond.2
Associate III

STM32F439NIH6 VQ3 and VQ4 is a Version of Micro-Controller

In STM32F439NIH 6 VQ3 am Available to Run the Code in Board (Flash the Code) with help of IJET Debugger.

But when i Trying to do Same thing STM32F439NIH6 VQ4 but it's not Happening as Expected IJET debugger Terminated in Between the Flashing the Code with an Error of The Flash Loader Program Reported an Error.

Do you have an ST-LINK you could use?

Check the Option Byte settings related to the Flash Banking​.

Check available loaders are there different single / dual bank versions? Try using the opposite version of the one you're using.​

Hello,

1.We have designed custom hardware built around STM32F439NIH6 and we are using I-Jet & IAR Tool for software development. 3 Variants of boards are designed with same set of circuits for the Microcontroller. Two variants are assembled with STM32F439NIH6 VQ3 marking on the IC. These two variants board is working fine. When we try to download simple sample application from STMCube. Application is downloading & executing.

However, the third variant board is having STM32F439NIH6 VQ4 marking on the IC is showing failure to download application. Here we are getting message that " Press ok to Mass Erase to Unlock the device" After Pressing Ok another Window Pop with Error "The Flash Loader Program Reported an Error". Also, in the IAR tool we are not getting Option to Enable "Perform Mass Erase Before Flashing".(Project Option-> Debugger->Download)

2.Can you please Guide us where to Check Option Byte Setting in IAR tool.

and How we Can Know which Bank version we are using in IAR tool.

The IAR and I-JET are your tools, review the manuals, review the options they provide you.​

okay,

But why we are getting Mass erase option with STM32F439NIH6 VQ4 marking IC.

Sorry, don't know. Try using an ST-LINK and STM32 Cube Programmer, ​check options and settings.

Check the errata and related PCN (product change notification)​

AGond.2
Associate III

Hello Belaid

STM32F439NIH6 VQ3 and VQ4 is a Version of Micro-Controller

In STM32F439NIH 6 VQ3 am Available to Run the Code in Board (Flash the Code) with help of IJET Debugger.

But when i Trying to do Same thing STM32F439NIH6 VQ4 but it's not Happening as Expected IJET debugger Terminated in Between the Flashing the Code with an Error of The Flash Loader Program Reported an Error.