cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use CAN Bus on STM32f429 DISCOVERY board

n.serina
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying to select CAN1/CAN2 peripheral using the STM32CUBEIDE device configuration tool . Even though I disabled LTDC and FMC, it is not allowing me to enable CAN1 or CAN2

I want to understand does this board supports CAN communication. How do I activate CAN?

Thank you very much .

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

Hover with the mouse over the peripheral, say CAN2. A window pops up, showing you the conflicts. In case of CAN2, these are PB5, PB6 (PB12) because these pins are still mapped to their alternate function, see pinout view (marked yellow). Go to the pinout view, click PB5 and config it to reset state. Same for PB6. Now, CAN2 can be activated. But, beware that the PCB still connects those pins to the SDRAM. Double check with the schematics, that using CAN2 will not interfere with the SDRAM chip. In fact, both pins are inputs to the SDRAM, so CAN2 should work.

hth

KnarfB

Vdoij.1
Associate II

Hi,

By only disable peripheral is not sufficient, You need to reset the pin state in configuration tool by left clicking on pin pad and set to "Reset_State" to all yellow colored pins.

Thnx