cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run projects created for NUCLEO-F401RE in NUCLEO-L476RG

CAS.1
Associate

I am beginner to STM and eclipse environment IDE, currently I am working on sound source localization project and I came across X-CUBE MEMESMIC1 software package which had acoustics sound source localization project. But the project file has been built for 401RE board and the readme file says it can be made to run on other boards as well with small changes.

It would be really helpful if I can know the steps to port the code from one target to another.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Dear @CAS.1​ ,

I think the easy way to do this is to use STM32CubeMx as configurator/code generator tool.

I think the following video is the nearest to what you are looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbYvG9Vle8I

In the video the cube expansion (Software pack) used is X-CUBE-SUBG2 and you have to select your cube expansion Software, I think in your case X-CUBE-MEMS1.

Also select the board you will be using: NUCLEO-L476RG .

Hope this will help you.

If you find this answers to you question please click on "Select as Best".

STM32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @CAS.1​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

You'll probably want to have a look at this AN4616 "Application note Migrating from STM32F401 and STM32F411 lines to STM32L4 Series and STM32L4+ Series microcontrollers", which contains the steps to migrate from the STM32F401 lines to the STM32L4 Series, and this will help you in different aspects: hardware, peripherals and firmware.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
CAS.1
Associate

Thank you for replying, I just tried installing STM32 Cube MX and it does have X-CUBE-MEMS1 but it doesn't have X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 which I actually require for audio applications.

Device setup details- I have X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 with 4 MEMS Mic STEVAL-MIC001V1 mounted on it. The X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 mounts on NUCLEO-L476RG via morpho connectors.