cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to relocate the LwIP RAM heap pointer. for the STM32F7xx series?

DK.7
Senior

Can someone tell me if there are any examples of Cortex-M7 configuration for the STM32F7xx series? I'm specifically interested in how to relocate the LwIP RAM heap pointer.

3 REPLIES 3
AZupa
Associate

Hi,

There is a define in the lwipopts.h which is meant just for that. In my case (I'm using STM32H755) it is:

#define LWIP_RAM_HEAP_POINTER 0x30044000

Thanks for the reply, that's roughly what I was planning to do based on this example for the "H" series. https://github.com/... 
But, I have the "F" series and I was wondering if there is a similar example for the "F" series.... Because without an example you can unfortunately agonize for a long time!

Question: according to the manual for "H" series I need to create 2 sections one for "LWIP heap" and the other for
"RX & TX Descriptors". But, I can't find custom sections for "LWIP heap" and "RX & TX Descriptors" in the .ld files in the examples!?

But, there are screenshots of how to customize these zones in the CubeIDE GUI, see screan.789.png

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@DK.7 Please, start with one of ready examples in the CubeF7 package, under Projects/*/Applications/LwIP.

Before you get one of these examples working (at least responding to ping) , do not generate your own project from scratch.

without an example you can unfortunately agonize for a long time!

Exactly for this reason the examples are provided. Even with these examples, agonizing for a long time over the ethernet and LwIP is almost guaranteed, anyway.