cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program STM32F407VET6 boards?

Andrew Crawford
Associate II

Hey everyone, I am new to STM hardware and software... Recently got a development board from a third party that's based around the aforementioned microcontroller. From what I gather you can start building on STM projects from STM32CubeMX, however I could not find the board in their board selector (as it is a third party) and im unsure how programming the board would differ from programming the bare MCU if I would simply select to use the MCU itself.

Can I proceed to program the board just by telling the software the model of the MCU, or is there a way to install an additional software package that has the board information (and is this available)? Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22
--Oz--
Associate II

Maybe they know the f407vet6 board has much more bang for buck, 2 usb ports, dataflash, sd-card slot, 4 buttons, lcd connector, rtc battery, just to name a few things that are better about the third party. When you go into production, the vet6 board is ready to purchase if it fits your application. ST is not going to let you order 10's or 100's of the eval board, so another win. Third party st-link programmer are less than $2 shipped. Overall the vet6 board is much better bang for buck and many pro's over the ST eval boards, so maybe he does know? :)

> When you go into production, the vet6 board is ready to purchase if it fits your application. ST is not going to let you order 10's or 100's of the eval board, so another win.

ST doesn't even legally allow reselling their boards. But, if someone goes into production and uses some generic development board as a component, then I don't count that as a product at all.

LauraCx
ST Employee

@Piranha​ @--Oz--​ ,

**Comments modified by moderation

I need to remember you that this Community is about people helping people on technical subjects, and by registering in this Community you accepts the T&Cs that clearly state this approach.

We strongly believe in freedom to comment, but we prefer to keep content that is actually helping other members.

Thank you for your understanding,

Laura