cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Mam/ Sir, I am using STM32F779 MCU in that OSC(RTC) clock is not working(output wave not coming), so please suggest any hardware & software settings needed I attached schematic

Pkuma.41
Associate II

For OSC i am using 32.768khz and caps 10pF, but output is not coming. so please give me suggestions for hardware & software chages to work 32.768khz clock work.

10 REPLIES 10

What's the crystal part# ? Is it a 6, 9 or 12 pF crystal? Capacitors calculated per Application Note?

Should be able to walk-in the LSE enable via RCC/PWR register bits. Should be able to route the LSE clock via MCO1 / PA8 to measure without loading the circuit.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Tesla,

Thanks for your response.

Crystal Part: CM315D-32.768KDZC-UT

Please share cap values to above crystal part for hardware changes.

Surely you should be able to run your own numbers?

I'd perhaps try 4.7pF or 5.1pF

Run a simple application to enable the clocks, and plumb the output to the MCO1 (PA8) pin.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pkuma.41
Associate II

Thank you, Tesla.

I will test and come back to you.

Pkuma.41
Associate II

0693W00000APO5AQAX.bmp@Hi Tesla,

I attached scope image of PA8 output, but signal is in square wave and F= 32.72khz coming instead of 32.768khz.

Need some more changes required for exact clock 32.768khz ?

Fgfdh.1
Associate

I am also using STM32F779 MCU in that OSC(RTC) clock is not behaving well please guide me the reason of this issue you can see here the details in my account.

Pkuma.41
Associate II

Hi Tesla,

I mounted 5pF CL caps still not get proper clock on crystal. Please suggest need software configurations required images attached.

Pkuma.41
Associate II

Clock internal resistance setting required ?

Pkuma.41
Associate II

In datasheet recommended cap table