cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm trying to program eMMC card with STM32U575 but the init fonction MX_SDMMC1_MMC_Init() failes in SDMMC_GetCmdResp3(SDMMC_TypeDef *SDMMCx) and return SDMMC_ERROR_CMD_RSP_TIMEOUT. Any idea?

j.kouadio
Associate III

13 REPLIES 13

Is this a custom board?

Are any of the queries to the eMMC chip illiciting a response?

Clocks, PLLs, Pins, Power?​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

What clock rate are you using? Might try slowing it down by an order of magnitude to see if results change. If so, the culprit is likely the slow and poorly done HAL eMMC library.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
j.kouadio
Associate III

Hi @Community member​,

Thanks for your answer

It is a Geenliant GLS85VM1507 Board.

The first command gives response when I cup the power and put it back but the second one never give response

Everything is fine for the clocks, PLLs, Pins and power.0693W00000Hp0zEQAR.png0693W00000Hp0wWQAR.png0693W00000Hp0yBQAR.png 

That sounds like a CHIP, not a BOARD

If GreenLiant made the board, have them provide working reference code.

>>Everything is fine for the clocks, PLLs, Pins and power.

Yet not work properly. My approach to this is to unpack all the RCC PLL,SDMMC clock tree settings so I know which source is used and how fast the clock to the part is.

I'd start proving it works a 25-MHz in 1-bit mode, and walk my way up to 4 and 8-bit operation, and then up to 50/52 MHz and DDR modes.

Review the schematics, double checking pull up and series resistors placed, and supplies to the part.

Not sure screen shots of library code are the path to success here.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
j.kouadio
Associate III

okok, The chip and board names are the same. No, they didn't provide code for that.

I use an external oscillator.

Here is my .ioc file

Do you have an example(STM32+MMC) which works well?

Hi @TDK​ 

Here is my .ioc file

Maybe you can see the problem with that.

Thanks for your answer

I don’t see how the IOC helps us here.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

With the .ioc file, you can see my clock config.