cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using a STM32F7508-DK board and I would like to use the following setup: use only one project instead of building and flashing 2 separate projects, is it possible?

VPope.1
Associate II

As I said in the description, I would like use only one project instead of using 2 projects and. I've tried to use a single linker file and split it after the build using objcopy to obtain 2 separate binaries for internal and external flash, with no success.

Is there and example for this use case that I could use to see the correct setup? Maybe someone could help me with a simple Hello World example for this use case.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

What exactly is your use case? What's stopping you from putting everything in the same project?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
VPope.1
Associate II

Hi, the use case is the following, the starting point was to use the examples from the template folder from SDK, program the internal Flash with the ExtMem_Boot and program the external memory with application, but using this configuration I need to use 2 separate projects, so I've tried to put everything in a single linker file, merge the source code and split the elf file generated in 2 separate binaries, one to be flashed in internal flash and one in external flash, is this the right way to do it ? Or there is other approach to do this?

I did not manage to make it working, that is why I was asking if there is a simple example, or if this is even possible to be done.