cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! I am searching for a suitable MCU and I am not sure if STM32 or SPC5 are the correct controllers. Deatails on the project:

Benjamin Brammer
Senior II
  • The project is in the e-mobility sector (pedelecs, e-bikes)
  • the MCU needs to be compliant with SAFERTOS and SIL levels
  • electric engine and electric generator signal regulation
  • CAN bus compatible
  • display compatible (LCD or TFT)
  • ADC/DAC features
  • bluetooth and WiFi (optional)
  • MEMS compatible

I would be happy for recommendations.

kind regards

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Benjamin Brammer​,

I recommend you the MCU Finder to select the suitable STM32.

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Benjamin Brammer​,

I recommend you the MCU Finder to select the suitable STM32.

I hope this helps!

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In addition to what Kaouthar said: the requirements apply to both requested families and the choice depends on other requirements, e.g. any automotive qualification required.

The STM32s do not have AEC qualification, but they support everything else, including SAFERTOS (via partner Wittenstein) and SIL (via X-CUBE-STL).

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Piranha
Chief II

> MEMS compatible

That is a non-sense requirement. MEMS is a general technology, not a specific device type, protocol, standard etc.

Thanks, I will have a look at it.

thanks for the clarification. I was not sure if MEMS technology uses certain communication interfaces. But I think, it's mostly some serial connection like I²C or SPI.

Thanks for the clarification. Well, at the current project state it is not lcear what SIL have to be fulfilled. AEC is not a must, but since AEC components can also qualify for SIL, I thought the SPC5 series might be a look worth, but I thought they were qualified.