cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I'm new in working with the STM32. I have a quick question on a project I'm working on. I want a prototype on the STM32 Bluepill. How do I interface the following components, two cameras ( for video footage), gps and a fingerprint sensor?

jmuniu
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5

Probably via a serial interface, or four

Cameras perhaps look at ArduCam or MVCam type implementation.

GPS/GNSS predominantly UART, but several support I2C.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Javier1
Principal

>two cameras ( for video footage)

What do you want to do with those cameras?

The blue pill is going to get smaller for your proyect reeeally quick, check out "black pill"

https://hackaday.com/2021/01/20/blue-pill-vs-black-pill-transitioning-from-stm32f103-to-stm32f411/

Depending of what you had in mind i´d go directly for a raspi zero, specially if youre thinking about some kind of networ connection

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

I was trying not to program using Python​. I'm good in C and Arduino programming language. That's the reason why I wanted to implement my project on STM32 platform

>I'm good in C and Arduino programming

I dont doubt that,but if youre starting the question with a " I'm new in working with the STM32.", i believe there is a chance you dont understand yet what an stm32f1 can and cannot do , and that you might be underestimating the learning curve.

**also, you could code in c++ in the raspi**

the gps and the fingerprint sensor are doable.

but tell us more about what you want to do with those videocamaras, are you just controlling them? or you do videprocessing/fowarding or something.

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
jmuniu
Associate II

I want the video cameras to relay real time video footage and store it to cloud​